US Naval Ships Mercy and Comfort using HIN to expedite receiving pharmaceutical supplies to support NYC and LA hospitals fighting COVID-19
HIBCC is working with the US DoD Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Troop Support to expedite Health Industry Number (HIN) requests and updates. The DLA is a long-time HIN user, and as it ramps up support of the COVID-19 relief effort, HIBCC has provided new HIN assignments for the DLA. For example, HIBCC has recently created HIN assignments for the United States Naval Ships (USNS) Mercy and Comfort at the request of the DLA. The USNS Mercy is currently in the Port of Los Angeles, while the USNS Comfort is expected to reach the New York area next week to support area hospitals. More than 4,300 DLA locations and ships have HIBCC-assigned HINs. These locations rely on HINs to receive pharmaceuticals and hospital supplies.
To learn more about how HIBCC and how the HIN System supports the healthcare industry visit www.hibcc.org or contact HIBCC directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (602) 381-1091.
- 28 Jul 2020Register now for our second HIBCC UDI Webinar
- 27 Jul 2020EC releases conformity assessment procedures for manufacturers of protective equipment
- 15 Jun 2020Register now for our HIBCC UDI Webinar
- 03 Jun 2020MedTech Europe releases guidance on Basic UDI-DI assignment for the EU MDR
- 28 May 2020United Kingdom (UK) regulatory agency publishes HIBCC UDI template for use in medical device corrective action communications