License the HIN System
The HIN System is currently comprised of two separate databases, each of which is offered under separate license.
The databases are:
- HIN Human Health Facility Database – Includes all healthcare facilities identified by SHIP TO address.
- HIN Animal Health Database – Includes both veterinarians and animal health facilities, identified by practice location and SHIP TO address respectively.
Why Use the HIN?
The HIN was developed to establish a common reference for identifying health care entities in electronic transactions between trading partners. The overall objectives of the HIN are to provide:
- Consistency – Use the same identifier when referring to the same entity or organization.
- Accuracy – Increase the accuracy of distributor reporting and manufacturer sales analysis by the use of a consistent identifier, and by the elimination of cross-reference files for each distributor.
- Efficiency – Reduce the amount of clerical effort needed by manufacturers to research and maintain cross-reference files.
- Timeliness – Publish new identifiers and updates periodically to authorized manufacturers and distributors so that they can maintain their files on a timely basis. Reduce the look-up effort and reduce the lag-time in rebate payments.
Visit our HIN resources section to access additional documentation about the System.
Interested in Becoming a HIN Licensee?
If you are interested in becoming a HIN licensee, complete the appropriate application form from the list below, as well as the Data License Agreement.
*All fees are non-refundable.
Data License Agreement
Human Health Facility Licensee Application
Animal Health Licensee Application
Contact HIBCC Today
If you have any questions about the HIN licensing process, please contact us.