Health Industry Business Communications Council®
Setting Safer Standards
HIBCC®, the Health Industry Business Communications Council, is an industry supported and internationally accredited nonprofit standards development organization with a global reach. We develop standards that meet the unique requirements of the world’s healthcare providers.
Our sole focus is setting safer standards for the healthcare industry. The medical field demands certain patient safety considerations, and our goal is to meet them by developing appropriate standards for information exchange and communication among all healthcare trading partners.
Our scope includes a wide variety of standards, from Auto-ID/bar code labeling and UDI Compliance to location identifiers and electronic commerce. In all cases we continue to emphasize “safety first”. Whether you’re here to create a bar code, learn more about Unique Device Identifiers (UDI), or to access the Health Industry Number (HIN) System, we are here to assist. For additional information send us an email, or call us at 855-HIBCC-UDI or 877-GET-HINS.
Create HIBC Bar Code/UDI Structures
HIBC Auto-ID/bar code structures provide the first step toward creating the Unique Device Identifier (UDI) and Universal Product Numbers (UPN) that are now required for healthcare trading partners to do business.
Our Auto-ID/Bar Code Utility will enable you to create HIBC-UDI data structures for product labeling according to the HIBC Supplier Labeling Standard.
The HIN Resource Center
The HIN System was developed by the health care industry to support the needs of all trading partners participating in the health care supply chain. The HIN Resource Center provides all the tools necessary to manage your HIN processes.
- 23 Oct 2018HIBCC met with European Commission and FDA in Silver Springs, MD on October 17thHIBCC met with European Commission and FDA in Silver Springs, MD on October 17th to discuss the upco...
- 16 Jul 2018Deactivation of iHIN Guest AccountsHIBCC recently performed a clean-up of all accounts on the iHIN portal at www.hibcchin.org. Due to m...
- 29 May 2018Australian medical device industry bodies release joint policy paper to promote the adoption of UDI.HIBCC named as UDI Issuing Agency. To read the full policy paper click here....
- 19 Mar 2018Updated HIN Submission Process effective April 1, 2018As of April 1st, 2018, HIBCC will no longer accept HIN requests submitted via email. All HIN request...
- 05 Jan 2018HIN Distribution Files Available OnlineA new set of HIN Distribution files, as of January 4, 2018, are now available for download. To downl...