Access iHIN 2.0
Health Industry Business Communications Council
Setting Safer Standards
HIBCC, the Health Industry Business Communications Council, is an industry supported and internationally accredited nonprofit standards development organization with a global reach. We develop standards that meet the unique requirements of the world’s healthcare providers.
Our sole focus is setting safer standards for the healthcare industry. The medical field demands certain patient safety considerations, and our goal is to meet them by developing appropriate standards for information exchange and communication among all healthcare trading partners.
Our scope includes a wide variety of standards, from Auto-ID/bar code labeling and UDI Compliance to location identifiers and electronic commerce. In all cases we continue to emphasize safety first. Whether you’re here to create a UDI, learn more about Unique Device Identifiers (UDI), or to access the Health Industry Number (HIN) System, we are here to assist. For additional information send us an email, or call us at 855-HIBC-UDI or 877-GET-HINS.
Create HIBC UDIs
HIBC Auto-ID/bar code structures provide the first step toward creating the Unique Device Identifier (UDI) and Universal Product Numbers (UPN) that are now required for healthcare trading partners to do business.
Our Auto-ID/Bar Code Utility will enable you to create HIBC-UDI data structures for product labeling according to the HIBC Supplier Labeling Standard.
The HIN Resource Center
The HIN System was developed by the health care industry to support the needs of all trading partners participating in the health care supply chain. The HIN Resource Center provides all the tools necessary to manage your HIN processes.
- 15 Mar 2021EC publishes MDR guidance on Custom-Made DevicesIn March 2021 the European Commission published a guidance document titled “Questions and Answ...
- 01 Mar 2021EC publishes guidance addressing MDR requirements in the event EUDAMED is not fully functionalThe European Commission (EC) released a guidance on the application and implementation of certain pr...
- 17 Feb 2021Register now for our HIBCC EU UDI WebinarThe European Union’s Medical Device Regulation requires all Basic UDI-DIs and UDIs to be assig...
- 11 Jan 2021Register now for our HIBCC UDI WebinarTo register click here. HIBCC is designated as an Issuing Entity by both the European Commission and...
- 05 Jan 2021EC’s EUDAMED Actor registration module is now availableIn December 2020, the European Commission (EC) launched EUDAMED’s Actor registration module. E...