Access iHIN 2.0
Health Industry Business Communications Council
Setting Safer Standards
HIBCC, the Health Industry Business Communications Council, is an industry supported and internationally accredited nonprofit standards development organization with a global reach. We develop standards that meet the unique requirements of the world’s healthcare providers.
Our sole focus is setting safer standards for the healthcare industry. The medical field demands certain patient safety considerations, and our goal is to meet them by developing appropriate standards for information exchange and communication among all healthcare trading partners.
Our scope includes a wide variety of standards, from Auto-ID/bar code labeling and UDI Compliance to location identifiers and electronic commerce. In all cases we continue to emphasize safety first. Whether you’re here to create a UDI, learn more about Unique Device Identifiers (UDI), or to access the Health Industry Number (HIN) System, we are here to assist. For additional information send us an email, or call us at 855-HIBC-UDI or 877-GET-HINS.
Create HIBC UDIs
HIBC Auto-ID/bar code structures provide the first step toward creating the Unique Device Identifier (UDI) and Universal Product Numbers (UPN) that are now required for healthcare trading partners to do business.
Our Auto-ID/Bar Code Utility will enable you to create HIBC-UDI data structures for product labeling according to the HIBC Supplier Labeling Standard.
The HIN Resource Center
The HIN System was developed by the health care industry to support the needs of all trading partners participating in the health care supply chain. The HIN Resource Center provides all the tools necessary to manage your HIN processes.
- 30 Oct 2020HIBCC’s new iHIN Web-Based Portal now availableHIBCC has launched its redesigned iHIN Web-Based Portal (iHIN 2.0). iHIN 2.0 includes ne...
- 22 Oct 2020EC publishes dedicated webpage on EUDAMED Actor registration moduleThe European Commission (EC) will make the Actor registration module of EUDAMED available to Member...
- 07 Oct 2020Register now for our HIBCC UDI WebinarTo register click here. HIBCC is designated as an Issuing Entity by both the European Commission and...
- 14 Sep 2020HIBCC Announces HIN Data integration within the MediLedger NetworkThe Health Industry Business Communications Council (HIBCC) is pleased to announce that its Health I...
- 18 Aug 2020EC releases updated MDR / IVDR UDI FAQsThe European Commission released an updated version of their Medical Device Regulation (MDR) and In-...