United Kingdom (UK) regulatory agency publishes HIBCC UDI template for use in medical device corrective action communications
The UK Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) utilizes global UDI standards to communicate device safety information and corrective actions. Manufacturers are required to send Field Safety Notices (FSNs) and Field Safety Corrective Actions (FSCAs) to device users.
MHRA “considers it best practice to include unique device identifiers (UDIs) in field safety corrective action communications”. MHRA has published an easy-to-use template for including HIBC UDIs in FSNs and FSCAs. To view the HIBC UDI template on the MHRA website click here.
For more information on FSNs and FSCAs visit the MHRA website.
HIBCC is designated as an Issuing Entity by both the European Commission and the US FDA for their respective UDI initiatives. To learn more about HIBCC and UDI, visit www.hibcc.eu or contact HIBCC directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (602) 381-1091.
- 11 Jan 2021Register now for our HIBCC UDI Webinar
- 05 Jan 2021EC’s EUDAMED Actor registration module is now available
- 30 Oct 2020HIBCC’s new iHIN Web-Based Portal now available
- 22 Oct 2020EC publishes dedicated webpage on EUDAMED Actor registration module
- 07 Oct 2020Register now for our HIBCC UDI Webinar