Medicare endorses the use of unique device identifiers (UDI) in billing and claims records for medical devices. The endorsement was made in an effort to improve the identification of device malfunctions and the recall process.
To read the Wall Street Journal article click here.
To learn more about Unique Device Identification (UDI) and HIBCC as an FDA-accredited UDI issuing agency click here.
- 19 Feb 2019Medical Technology Association of Australia (MTAA) releases final UDI System Proposal
- 05 Feb 2019MedTech Europe releases document on the differences in UDI requirements for the US and EU
- 29 Nov 2018HIBCC designated by the Saudi-Arabian FDA as a UDI Issuing Agency in Draft Regulation
- 23 Oct 2018HIBCC met with European Commission and FDA in Silver Springs, MD on October 17th
- 16 Jul 2018Deactivation of iHIN Guest Accounts