HIBCC clarifies indentification of device-software versions in the HIBC supplier labeling standard and UDI
At the recent HIBCC Auto-ID Committee meeting it was confirmed that the serial number field in the secondary data structure (the ???production identifier??? data source for UDI) may be used to accommodate software version identification.
It is common for software versions to use a ???.??? to differentiate incremental changes in software, and since use of special characters of this nature are not excluded from the secondary data structure (they are excluded from the primary data structure) software versions can be?? identified as part of serial numbers in the HIBC bar code and UDI Production Identifier.
For example, ???SLS2.4??? is identified as a serial number in the secondary data structure as follows:
- 16 May 2019iHIN® Web Based Portal Enhancement and New Processes Scheduled
- 06 May 2019Saudi Food and Drug Authority Releases Guidance Designating HIBCC as an Issuing Entity
- 01 May 2019FDA Releases Final Guidance on Convenience Kits
- 08 Apr 2019HIBCC Releases UDI Suite
- 03 Apr 2019The Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) Membership is now available for free as of April 1st