The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is proposing to establish a unique device identification system to implement the requirement added to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act) by section 226 of the Food and Drug Administration Amendments Act of 2007 (FDAAA), Section 226 of FDAAA amended the FD&C Act to add new section 519(f), which directs FDA to promulgate regulations establishing a unique device identification system for medical devices.
- 27 Jan 2020Notice to Labelers: HIBCC Contact Information
- 14 Jan 2020The European Commission announces the European Medical Device Nomenclature (EMDN)
- 17 Dec 2019How to use HIN for Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) requirements
- 04 Dec 2019European Commission releases updated EUDAMED Data Dictionary
- 05 Nov 2019HIBC Basic UDI-DI Guidance and Generator Now Available to Meet European Union Requirements