The European Commission has designated HIBCC to be a Unique Device Identifier (UDI) Issuing Agency as part of the European Union Medical Device Regulation (MDR), which will apply to all EU member nations. HIBCC’s EU Issuing Entity designation was announced on June 7th, 2019. HIBCC has been an Issuing Agency for the U.S. FDA’s UDI Rule since 2013.
HIBCC will be deploying additional support and guidance to its European constituents to assist them as they implement processes in accordance with the EU MDR.
To view the official EU Issuing Entity designation click here.
To view the entire release from the Official Journal of the European Union click here.
To learn more about EU UDI requirements click here or contact HIBCC directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (602) 381-1091.
- 21 Jun 2019HIBCC UDI Suite Enhancements
- 12 Jun 2019European Commission Designates HIBCC as an Issuing Entity for its UDI Initiative
- 16 May 2019iHIN® Web Based Portal Enhancement and New Processes Scheduled
- 06 May 2019Saudi Food and Drug Authority Releases Guidance Designating HIBCC as an Issuing Entity
- 01 May 2019FDA Releases Final Guidance on Convenience Kits