The European Commission has designated HIBCC to be a Unique Device Identifier (UDI) Issuing Agency as part of the European Union Medical Device Regulation (MDR), which will apply to all EU member nations. HIBCC’s EU Issuing Entity designation was announced on June 7th, 2019. HIBCC has been an Issuing Agency for the U.S. FDA’s UDI Rule since 2013.
HIBCC will be deploying additional support and guidance to its European constituents to assist them as they implement processes in accordance with the EU MDR.
To view the official EU Issuing Entity designation click here.
To view the entire release from the Official Journal of the European Union click here.
To learn more about EU UDI requirements click here or contact HIBCC directly at email@example.com or (602) 381-1091.
- 14 Sep 2020HIBCC Announces HIN Data integration within the MediLedger Network
- 18 Aug 2020EC releases updated MDR / IVDR UDI FAQs
- 28 Jul 2020Register now for our second HIBCC UDI Webinar
- 27 Jul 2020EC releases conformity assessment procedures for manufacturers of protective equipment
- 15 Jun 2020Register now for our HIBCC UDI Webinar