The European Commission has designated HIBCC to be a Unique Device Identifier (UDI) Issuing Agency as part of the European Union Medical Device Regulation (MDR), which will apply to all EU member nations. HIBCC’s EU Issuing Entity designation was announced on June 7th, 2019. HIBCC has been an Issuing Agency for the U.S. FDA’s UDI Rule since 2013.
HIBCC will be deploying additional support and guidance to its European constituents to assist them as they implement processes in accordance with the EU MDR.
To view the official EU Issuing Entity designation click here.
To view the entire release from the Official Journal of the European Union click here.
To learn more about EU UDI requirements click here or contact HIBCC directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (602) 381-1091.
- 27 Mar 2020US Naval Ships Mercy and Comfort using HIN to expedite receiving pharmaceutical supplies to support NYC and LA hospitals fighting COVID-19
- 27 Mar 2020ANSI recognizes HIBCC support of the fight against COVID-19
- 25 Mar 2020European Commission delays its MDR by one year to focus on the Coronavirus, but leave labeling and database compliance deadlines unchanged.
- 20 Mar 2020HIBCC’s HIN System supporting healthcare supplier efforts to fight COVID-19
- 20 Mar 2020HIBCC releases new website page on HIN and DSCSA