In March 2021 the European Commission released an infographic to assist manufacturers in determining whether their software qualifies as Medical Device Software (MDSW).
The EU MDR definition of MDSW is “software that is intended to be used, alone or in combination, for a purpose as specified
in the definition of a “medical device” in the MDR and IVDR”. Software that meets the MDSW qualifications is subject to the UDI labeling and database submission requirements.
To view the infographic on MDSW qualifications click here.
To learn more about HIBCC and UDI, visit www.hibcc.eu or contact HIBCC directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (602) 381-1091.
- 25 Mar 2021Is your software considered a medical device under the EU MDR/IVDR?
- 15 Mar 2021EC publishes MDR guidance on Custom-Made Devices
- 01 Mar 2021EC publishes guidance addressing MDR requirements in the event EUDAMED is not fully functional
- 17 Feb 2021Register now for our HIBCC EU UDI Webinar
- 11 Jan 2021Register now for our HIBCC UDI Webinar