European Commission confirms two year delay for the launch of EUDAMED. Labeling deadlines are not affected by this delay.
The European Commission announced that EUDAMED’s launch will be done together for medical and in-vitro devices, at the original date for the in-vitro medical devices, May 2022. Previously EUDAMED was planned to launch in May 2020 for medical devices.
The date of application of the Medical Device Regulation (MDR) remains May 2020.
To view the full statement from the European Commission click here.
To learn more about HIBCC and UDI, visit www.hibcc.eu or contact HIBCC directly at email@example.com or +1 (602) 381-1091.
- 05 Nov 2019HIBC Basic UDI-DI Guidance and Generator Now Available to Meet European Union Requirements
- 30 Oct 2019Important Notice to HIBCC Labelers
- 30 Oct 2019European Commission confirms two year delay for the launch of EUDAMED. Labeling deadlines are not affected by this delay.
- 11 Oct 2019The HIBC UDI-Builder is now available. This tool will allow you to create, calculate, confirm, and collect UDIs.
- 09 Oct 2019European Union Medical Device Coordination Group (MDCG) releases document concerning the validity of existing certificates