European Commission confirms two year delay for the launch of EUDAMED. Labeling deadlines are not affected by this delay.
The European Commission announced that EUDAMED’s launch will be done together for medical and in-vitro devices, at the original date for the in-vitro medical devices, May 2022. Previously EUDAMED was planned to launch in May 2020 for medical devices.
The date of application of the Medical Device Regulation (MDR) remains May 2020.
To view the full statement from the European Commission click here.
To learn more about HIBCC and UDI, visit www.hibcc.eu or contact HIBCC directly at email@example.com or +1 (602) 381-1091.
- 28 May 2020United Kingdom (UK) regulatory agency publishes HIBCC UDI template for use in medical device corrective action communications
- 26 May 2020FDA UDI labeling and database submission deadline for Class I and unclassified devices rapidly approaching.
- 29 Apr 2020European Commission publishes guidance document on regulatory requirements for ventilators
- 15 Apr 2020Chronicled’s Mediledger utilizing the HIBCC HIN identifier for Contracting and Chargebacks in its’ blockchain network
- 15 Apr 2020HINAPI is now available