The Health Industry Bar Code (HIBC) Syntax Standard has been given final approval by the American National standards Institute (ANSI).
Also known as ANSI/HIBC 5.0, the standard was developed by the Health Industry Business Communications Council (HIBCC), the accredited global standards development organization that supports patient safety by creating industry-supported non-proprietary standards for healthcare product and facility identification.
- 27 Mar 2020US Naval Ships Mercy and Comfort using HIN to expedite receiving pharmaceutical supplies to support NYC and LA hospitals fighting COVID-19
- 27 Mar 2020ANSI recognizes HIBCC support of the fight against COVID-19
- 25 Mar 2020European Commission delays its MDR by one year to focus on the Coronavirus, but leave labeling and database compliance deadlines unchanged.
- 20 Mar 2020HIBCC’s HIN System supporting healthcare supplier efforts to fight COVID-19
- 20 Mar 2020HIBCC releases new website page on HIN and DSCSA