UDI and Labeling Standards
Apply for or Update an LIC
Clarification on LIC Fees
HIBCC UDI and Labeling Resource Center
Create a HIBC UDI & Bar Code
HIBC Auto-ID Standards
The HIN® System
HIN Resource Center
HIN Authorized Licensees
License the HIN® System
Obtain your HIN
Popular Links & Forms
Turkish Labeling Requirements
EHIBCC Labeler Update Form
Auto-ID Technical Committee
Accounting & Bill Pay
You are here:
The Health Industry Number System (HIN®)
License the HIN® System
/ Data Use License Agreement
Data Use License Agreement
Name of Licensee Organization
(Hereinafter referred to as the Licensee) hereby licenses from Health Industry Business Communications Council (hereinafter referred to as HIBCC or the Licensor) the use of the Health Industry Number (HIN) System Database (hereinafter referred to as the Data) and the HIN registered service mark, Registration No. 74-705,861 (hereinafter referred to as the Mark) for license fee(s) as previously specified and paid herewith and/or to be paid on an annual basis (as applicable for license type/level). Licensee agrees that use of the Data and of the Mark shall be subject to the following terms and restrictions:
1. The Data and the compilation of the information contained therein and the Mark is and shall remain the sole property of the Licensor. Licensee will take no action to infringe on the rights of the Licensor therein.
2. Licensee acknowledges that the Data constitutes valuable copyrighted and proprietary information of Licensor. Licensee agrees not to sell or release the Data to any third party and not to disclose any information contained in the Data to any other individual, association, firm, parent or subsidiary organization, or other entity whatsoever, except: 1. When identified by HIBCC as an authorized licensee of the same type/level; or, 2. With the prior written permission of Licensor (“permitted disclosure”).
3. Any “permitted disclosure”, publication or other permitted public use of the information contained in the Data or the Mark will indicate that the Licensor is the source of the information, will carry the legend "HIN is a Registered Service Mark of HIBCC, and used under license" and will indicate the dominant use of the Mark with an ® symbol.
4. Licensee agrees to maintain the quality, the integrity, and the confidentiality of the information contained in the Data, and of the goodwill in the Mark as used with services (in accordance with the summary, “HIN System Database Data Licensing Guidelines”). Any breach of this provision shall allow HIBCC to terminate this license immediately, and seek injunctive relief and damages for the breach.
5. If the Licensee contracts services with a third-party agent or consultant which requires the transmittal of the Data to the third-party, Licensee can disclose and transmit the Data provided that:
a) Licensee secures the Licensor’s prior written consent to the disclosure, and
b) Third-party will execute Licensor’s standard Data Use License Agreement, and
c) Such disclosure carries the legend "HIN is a Registered Service Mark of HIBCC, and used under license." and indicates the dominant use of the Mark with a ® symbol.
6. If the Licensee is a data reselling organization Licensee agrees to use the information in the Data strictly for internal uses, and is prohibited from selling or otherwise distributing or disclosing the information in the Data to any third party, including customers or clients of Licensee, without prior written consent of Licensor, and providing such other organizations have executed Licensor’s standard license agreement.
7. This Agreement shall take effect upon acceptance in writing below by the authorized agent of the Licensor in Phoenix, Arizona.
8. The obligation of confidence and nondisclosures assumed by Licensee hereunder shall not apply to:
a) Information which at the time of disclosure is in the public domain; or
b) Information which thereafter lawfully becomes a part of the public domain other than through disclosure by Licensee; or
c) Information known to Licensee prior to licensors’ disclosures to Licensee; or
d) Information which is lawfully disclosed to Licensee by a third party not under an obligation of confidentiality to licensor with respect to said information.
Human Health – Facility (full)
Animal Health (full)
Human Health – Facility (subsets)
Human Health – Facility (subset/s)
U.S. PHS 340B Entities
Having read the above, and having understood the terms and conditions of the Agreement, Licensee agrees to assume full responsibility for compliance with this Agreement. Any breach of this Agreement or any term therein will subject Licensee to any and all injunctive relief and legal and equitable remedies available to the Licensor.
Name of Licensee Organization
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
ZIP / Postal Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Congo, Republic of the
French Southern Territories
Heard and McDonald Islands
Isle of Man
Lao People's Democratic Republic
Northern Mariana Islands
Palestine, State of
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates
US Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Wallis and Futuna
Name of Contact
Signature of Authorized Officer of Licensee
Accepted by Health Industry Business Communications Council (HIBCC) in Phoenix, Arizona.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
This iframe contains the logic required to handle Ajax powered Gravity Forms.