HIBCC Industry News
Although our scope has expanded beyond the initial HIBC labeling mandate issued 30 years ago, we have continued to emphasize ‘safety first’ through the years.
As such, the Health Industry Business Communication Council has an important advocacy and educational role in today’s healthcare industry. We are proud to act as the forum through which consensus can be reached as all parties work together to ensure a safer, more efficient industry.
Bookmark this page to stay up to date with the latest news.
Check Our Archives
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We have a host of archived information that you can view here.
On Friday, March 14, 2014, a new set of HIN distribution files will be available online. Download the periodic HIN distribution from iHIN at http://www.hibcchin.org/ read more →
HIBCC President, Bob Hankin presents to the Dental Trade Alliance. View the presentation Here. read more →
The Health Industry Supplier Labeling Standard 2.4 – Now Available Download a copy of the HIBC SLS 2.4 HERE. read more →
European Dental Industry Organization Expresses Support for the HIBC UDI. Download the communiqué from FIDE (Federation of the European Dental Industry) HERE. read more →
FDA Accredits HIBCC as Issuing Agency for UDI. HIBCC has been accredited by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration as an issuing agency for the assignment of Unique Device Identifiers (UDIs). Read more HERE. read more →
The HIN Resource Center provides all the tools necessary to understand and manage your HIN processes. Access it Here → read more →
- 19 Feb 2019Medical Technology Association of Australia (MTAA) releases final UDI System Proposal
- 05 Feb 2019MedTech Europe releases document on the differences in UDI requirements for the US and EU
- 29 Nov 2018HIBCC designated by the Saudi-Arabian FDA as a UDI Issuing Agency in Draft Regulation
- 23 Oct 2018HIBCC met with European Commission and FDA in Silver Springs, MD on October 17th
- 16 Jul 2018Deactivation of iHIN Guest Accounts