HIBCC Industry News
Although our scope has expanded beyond the initial HIBC labeling mandate issued 30 years ago, we have continued to emphasize ‘safety first’ through the years.
As such, the Health Industry Business Communication Council has an important advocacy and educational role in today’s healthcare industry. We are proud to act as the forum through which consensus can be reached as all parties work together to ensure a safer, more efficient industry.
Bookmark this page to stay up to date with the latest news.
Check Our Archives
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We have a host of archived information that you can view here.
The Health Industry Supplier Labeling Standard 2.4 – Now Available Download a copy of the HIBC SLS 2.4 HERE. read more →
European Dental Industry Organization Expresses Support for the HIBC UDI. Download the communiqué from FIDE (Federation of the European Dental Industry) HERE. read more →
FDA Accredits HIBCC as Issuing Agency for UDI. HIBCC has been accredited by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration as an issuing agency for the assignment of Unique Device Identifiers (UDIs). Read more HERE. read more →
The HIN Resource Center provides all the tools necessary to understand and manage your HIN processes. Access it Here → read more →
HIBCC has announced the release of Beta version 2.3 of its ‘UDI Generator’ Utility. Learn how to create FDA compliant HIBC-UDIs online. Read Article → read more →
The FDA has released the final UDI regulation which identifies HIBC as an appropriate data standard. Read Article → read more →
- 29 Nov 2018HIBCC designated by the Saudi-Arabian FDA as a UDI Issuing Agency in Draft Regulation
- 23 Oct 2018HIBCC met with European Commission and FDA in Silver Springs, MD on October 17th
- 16 Jul 2018Deactivation of iHIN Guest Accounts
- 29 May 2018Australian medical device industry bodies release joint policy paper to promote the adoption of UDI.
- 19 Mar 2018Updated HIN Submission Process effective April 1, 2018