Health Industry Business Communications Council®
Setting Safer Standards
HIBCC®, the Health Industry Business Communications Council, is an industry supported and internationally accredited nonprofit standards development organization with a global reach. We develop standards that meet the unique requirements of the world’s healthcare providers.
Our sole focus is setting safer standards for the healthcare industry. The medical field demands certain patient safety considerations, and our goal is to meet them by developing appropriate standards for information exchange and communication among all healthcare trading partners.
Our scope includes a wide variety of standards, from Auto-ID/bar code labeling and UDI Compliance to location identifiers and electronic commerce. In all cases we continue to emphasize “safety first”. Whether you’re here to create a bar code, learn more about Unique Device Identifiers (UDI), or to access the Health Industry Number (HIN) System, we are here to assist. For additional information send us an email, or call us at 855-HIBCC-UDI or 877-GET-HINS.
Create HIBC Bar Code/UDI Structures
HIBC Auto-ID/bar code structures provide the first step toward creating the Unique Device Identifier (UDI) and Universal Product Numbers (UPN) that are now required for healthcare trading partners to do business.
Our Auto-ID/Bar Code Utility will enable you to create HIBC-UDI data structures for product labeling according to the HIBC Supplier Labeling Standard.
The HIN Resource Center
The HIN System was developed by the health care industry to support the needs of all trading partners participating in the health care supply chain. The HIN Resource Center provides all the tools necessary to manage your HIN processes.
- 03 Jul 2017HIN Distribution Files Available OnlineA new set of HIN Distribution files, as of June 30, 2017, are now available for download. To downloa...
- 05 Jun 2017FDA Extends UDI Compliance Deadline for Class 1 DevicesThe FDA has extended the UDI compliance deadline for Class 1 and Unclassified devices to September 2...
- 26 May 2017FDA Posts New Webpage on Use of Symbols in LabelingThe FDA Final Rule on Use of Symbols in Labeling allows the use of symbols without explanatory text....
- 07 Apr 2017European Parliament Votes to Adopt Medical Device Regulation ProposalOn April 5, 2017 the European Parliament adopted two new regulations on medical and in-vitro diagnos...
- 03 Apr 2017FDA Grants UDI Extension for Soft Contact LensesOn March 30, 2017, the FDA released a statement granting a UDI compliance extension for labelers of...