HIBCC Industry News
Although our scope has expanded beyond the initial HIBC labeling mandate issued 30 years ago, we have continued to emphasize ‘safety first’ through the years.
As such, the Health Industry Business Communication Council has an important advocacy and educational role in today’s healthcare industry. We are proud to act as the forum through which consensus can be reached as all parties work together to ensure a safer, more efficient industry.
Bookmark this page to stay up to date with the latest news.
Check Our Archives
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We have a host of archived information that you can view here.
Create, Calculate, and Confirm UDI Information with HIBCC’s suite of cloud-based tools. How do I Create a UDI? This on line utility will generate a UDI from the product information you enter. In combination with your HIBCC LIC the Creator tool will provide you with the correct data combination for printing on packages and to.. read more →
The GMDN, the de facto global standard for identifying the world’s millions of medical devices, has been made freely available to all users for the first time on 1st April 2019. Click here to view the GMDN press release. read more →
Click here to view the FDA’s guidance for Unlockling a UDI Record in the GUDID. read more →
Medical Technology Association of Australia (MTAA) releases final submission to the “TGA Consultation: Proposal to introduce a UDI system for medical devices in Australia. To view the document click here. To learn more about UDI click here or contact HIBCC at firstname.lastname@example.org. read more →
MedTech Europe released a document last week that highlights the differences in the US UDI and EU UDI system requirements. To view the document click here. To learn more about UDI click here or contact HIBCC at email@example.com. read more →
To view the Saudi-Arabian FDA’s Draft Requirements for the Unique Device Identification System click here. To learn more about UDI click here or contact HIBCC at firstname.lastname@example.org. read more →
- 27 Mar 2020US Naval Ships Mercy and Comfort using HIN to expedite receiving pharmaceutical supplies to support NYC and LA hospitals fighting COVID-19
- 27 Mar 2020ANSI recognizes HIBCC support of the fight against COVID-19
- 25 Mar 2020European Commission delays its MDR by one year to focus on the Coronavirus, but leave labeling and database compliance deadlines unchanged.
- 20 Mar 2020HIBCC’s HIN System supporting healthcare supplier efforts to fight COVID-19
- 20 Mar 2020HIBCC releases new website page on HIN and DSCSA