HIBCC Industry News
Although our scope has expanded beyond the initial HIBC labeling mandate issued 30 years ago, we have continued to emphasize ‘safety first’ through the years.
As such, the Health Industry Business Communication Council has an important advocacy and educational role in today’s healthcare industry. We are proud to act as the forum through which consensus can be reached as all parties work together to ensure a safer, more efficient industry.
Bookmark this page to stay up to date with the latest news.
Check Our Archives
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We have a host of archived information that you can view here.
The Health Industry Bar Code (HIBC) Syntax Standard has been given final approval by the American National standards Institute (ANSI). Also known as ANSI/HIBC 5.0, the standard was developed by the Health Industry Business Communications Council (HIBCC), the accredited global standards development organization that supports patient safety by creating industry-supported non-proprietary standards for healthcare product.. read more →
- 19 Feb 2019Medical Technology Association of Australia (MTAA) releases final UDI System Proposal
- 05 Feb 2019MedTech Europe releases document on the differences in UDI requirements for the US and EU
- 29 Nov 2018HIBCC designated by the Saudi-Arabian FDA as a UDI Issuing Agency in Draft Regulation
- 23 Oct 2018HIBCC met with European Commission and FDA in Silver Springs, MD on October 17th
- 16 Jul 2018Deactivation of iHIN Guest Accounts