HIBCC Industry News
Although our scope has expanded beyond the initial HIBC labeling mandate issued 30 years ago, we have continued to emphasize ‘safety first’ through the years.
As such, the Health Industry Business Communication Council has an important advocacy and educational role in today’s healthcare industry. We are proud to act as the forum through which consensus can be reached as all parties work together to ensure a safer, more efficient industry.
Bookmark this page to stay up to date with the latest news.
Check Our Archives
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We have a host of archived information that you can view here.
What is a UDI and the GUDID? The Unique Device Identifier (UDI) is a system used to mark and identify medical devices within the healthcare supply chain. On September 24, 2013 the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) established a UDI system that requires manufacturers to include both a plain-text version of the identifying data, and.. read more →
- 12 Sep 2017HIN Distribution Files Available Online
- 03 Jul 2017HIN Distribution Files Available Online
- 05 Jun 2017FDA Extends UDI Compliance Deadline for Class 1 Devices
- 26 May 2017FDA Posts New Webpage on Use of Symbols in Labeling
- 07 Apr 2017European Parliament Votes to Adopt Medical Device Regulation Proposal